Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Going home will be sad

I will head home to Chicago today and I just realized I will not see my Mom's smiling face when I walk in the door. She would keep me company and I would keep her company as she observed me from her comfortable lift chair (in front of the big TV). She rarely spoke but she watched and smiled. She closely watched all my movements, whether I was processing their mail, opening groceries, paying and filing their bills, or trying a new dessert.

Now, the living room is empty.

Her hearing aid accesseries, skin care products, candies, and water bottle are no longer needed.

I used to pick up my favorite Chinese food on the way home. She ALWAYS wanted some of my food. Now, I have no one to share it with...............................

(Dad stays in bed and sleeps most of the day.)

No comments: