Friday, September 19, 2008

Juanita is still in pain after May hip surgery

Juanita, my Mom's dearest friend, who broke her hip en route to Mom's funeral in May, still suffers with pain. She called me yesterday to vent. She feels she is not making progress.

I fell so bad for her. Mom would never have wanted this to happen to her dear, loving friend. Juanita is 94 and was in perfect health and completely independent. Now, she is dependent and in pain.

She looked so frail when I visited her during my Chicago trip last month.

I will continue pray for her recovery.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My name is Juanita Blakey too and I have known for many years that a Juanita Blakey lived in Chicago. Every now and then I google my name and she shows up. I hope that she has recovered well from her hip fracture. As a nurse working in long term care I am all too aware of how difficult it is to recoop from such an injury. Please tell her that I exist and that she is in my prayers. Sincerely, Juanita Blakey Sopchoppy, Fl.