Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Caregiver January 2009

I met the new caregiver today who will replace an existing one. The agency selected her to work the 9AM-2PM shift. It’s a big responsibility because she will be here the bulk of the day Monday-Friday. She will awaken Dad, give him breakfast, bathe him, do laundry, change his linens, give him medications etc. She will also let the other caregivers (from hospice) in to care for Dad.

She seems quite pleasant and is a retired postal worker. She has adult children and grandchildren. She drives and she has a house phone and cell phone. She seems really with it and very reflective. I really hope she works out.
I was also able to meet a new Certified Nurse’s Assistant from hospice who will help Dad twice a week. I also found her to be pleasant.

The entire hospice team is new and I spoke with the Case Manager to give her an update on the new schedule.

Change is always especially difficult when dealing with seniors.

No comments: