Thursday, July 30, 2009

Asking For Help Is Not Easy

I’ve always prided myself on being fiercely independent – self sufficient to the max-never needing anyone’s help.

Now that Dad is gone and I’m left with an empty house, I probably need help with major life decisions and activities. After all, I am executor of the will and beneficiary of all the residual assets. Dad has no living relatives.

I pray I will have the willingness and wisdom to ask for help and to accept help when offered.

During these times, I’m amazed by how many people offer to help. Often they say let me know if there’s anything I can do for you. I think they really mean it!

I am so unaccustomed to asking for help that in my old way of thinking, I don’t trust them sometimes. I think it’s the perfunctory and polite thing to say.

Hopefully, I am willing…………………

No comments: