Thursday, November 20, 2008

FEMA will provide September flooding disaster help

I found out FEMA will provide assistance to families whose homes were damaged during the floods in Chicago the weekend of September 13.

Here is our timeline of events.

Sept 13-15 basement flooded
FEMA declared Chicago area a disaster area and established a budget to assist families whose homes suffered flood damage.

November 3, 2008: I called and completed the lengthy application process over the phone.
ID# 410699636 Disaster#: 1800
The inspector made two visits. No one was there.
Inspector left me a message
I left three messages for him

11/13 Two calls from FEMA

11/14 they had dropped our case
Our case got reinstated on 11/14/08. In notes to inspector::They told him to Contact ME first.

11/18. Finally spoke with Jeff, the inspector who said he would go by the house on November 19. Vivian told me he was very thorough and very personable. He called me and I gave him all the home owner’s insurance info over the phone.

I hope FEMA will provide assistance.

No comments: