Saturday, May 22, 2010

Using a dumpster for clearing the clutter is not always a good idea

As I evaluate it options for decluttering my childhood home, I considered renting a dumpster that would sit outside in front of the house. Many of those whom I consulted cautioned me on the downside of selecting this option now. What they explained is that typically when someone rents a dumpster, anyone who lives within an 8 mile radius we’ll add their junk to the bin. I never even considered that reality.

What we have decided to do is to temporarily convert the garage into a storage area for all the junk. Once the house is free of all that junk that is in the garage, and then I will hire a dumpster company to bring a dumpster into the alley right next to the garage.

Hiring a dumpster is very expensive; I want to make sure that I get the full use of this service.

No comments: