Friday, August 10, 2007

Letter Asking For Help!

Dear Ernestine August 10, 2007

I am writing to ask for your help. You are one of my mom's oldest and dearest friends.

As difficult as it is to face reality, I am trying to do what’s best by planning my Mom’s end of life services now. I will make much better decisions if I make them now while I have a clear mind rather than waiting until I am grieving. Both Mom and Dad are under the care of hospice.

I would like you to play a role. Specifically, would you be willing to speak about my mom for two to four minutes during the funeral or wake service? You could simply jot down one of your most favorite memories and then talk about it briefly.

I am planning some combination of a funeral at St. Dorothy's, a viewing at a funeral home, and the burial at Burr Oak Cemetery. I know absolutely nothing about funerals and I have avoided them ever since I lost my sister back in May 1983. I am doing as much research as possible now.

I am asking you in advance so you will have some time to formulate your thoughts.

Also, who else do you think I should ask?

I would appreciate any thoughts you have about all this. You have known my mom very well---for more than 50 years!!!!!!!!

Thank you in advance for your support!

I have been coming to town every month to oversee all my parents’ affairs. As you know, I hired a staff of round-the-clock caregivers. I know you have met several of them.

Love Always,


Karla Scott.

No comments: