Monday, April 28, 2008

I bought an open-ended bereavement ticket

The fare is $490 with tax. I was able to apply the ticket I already had and they waived the $100 change fee. I had to give them the funeral home details and my Mom's name.

Here are the rules: American Airlines offers a compassion fare for customers traveling due to a medical emergency or death of a family member not limited to immediate family of the passenger.

Domestic partners are allowed.

This fare also applies to customers traveling due to a medical emergency within their family.

Customers must meet certain qualifications and provide specific information to obtain the compassion fare.AA compassion/bereavement fares must be booked by AA only. Tickets may be issued by travel agents. Tickets must be completed within one day after the reservation is completed and changes to reservations must be made by AA.

No comments: