Sunday, May 6, 2007

Sinking in Quicksand of Clutter!







Do you find yourself bogged down in clutter because you are busy working, long distance caregiving, and managing your own household? This posting is designed to let you know that THERE IS A SOLUTION! I hired a professional organizer to help me restore my living space to sanity. Keeping track of records, reports, files, etc for me, my business, my Mom and Dad, and my travels became overwhelming. My dining room became a staging area for everything I did not want to deal with right away. The result was I found myself drowning in a sea of clutter. The National Association of Professional Organizers can help you identify organizers in your area.

Question: Why hire an outsider when I could have done it myself?

Answer: After many months, the problem only got worse and I realized I was NEVER going to do it myself. Importantly, I was feeling worse by the day.

Question: What is a professional organizer?

Answer: A Professional Organizer is someone who provides ideas, information, structure, solutions and systems, which could increase productivity, reduce stress and lead to more control over time, space and activities. www.ClosetQueen.com.

In three hours, my professional organizer, The Closet Queen, waved her magic wand and helped me 1) declutter my dining room, 2) organize the closet, and 3) get rid of 3 trash bags filled women’s dresses from the 80s, 90s, and 00s. Her system is effective even though we "fought over" my desire to keep dresses with shoulder pads and about why a need a gazillion pair of tote bags and black shoes.

I am happy to report: I took those dresses to Goodwill the next day.

Give yourself a break and hire a professional organizer!

No comments: